Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I miss you Billy


Four years ago today, (Feb 4, 2005)  my Uncle and friend Bill Brown died of brain cancer.
When I returned from my mission, Bill pulled some strings and got me a job, and
I had the privilege to work with Bill for 13 years at Fresenius Medical Care. 
That's a lot of years in the same building together, day in day out, and  I can tell you that 
Bill was loved by a lot of people. I still get questions from Bill's friends at Fresenius wanting to know how his family is doing. I now work in the same shop that Bill managed for the Molding Department, and four years later, it's still a common occurrence when a James Taylor tune is heard on the radio, for four grown men to slow down their work and with a few tears in our eyes,  remember of our friend Bill.  

6 comments:

jenny said...

that made me cry. it is still so strange to me that he is gone, i miss him too.

emily said...

ryan, that was such a sweet tribute. you and uncle billy are a lot alike. both sweethearts.

melissa said...

that was really neat. Things are definately not the same without him and grandpa around.

nana said...

Ryan and Ange: I am following your blog thru Emmi's. This is great fun to keep up with everyone and the sweet babies. Hey Ryan that sled is absolutely the coolest. You are so talented. Ange, I heard you were sick, I hope your feeling better. Give all three of you kisses from auntie Jill

Lisa said...

Ang and Ryan you are it. I tagged you. 6th photo in the 6th file, and then you tag others. Love Lisa

The Ballard's said...

Angie, I found your blog through a friend. It is fun to see what you have been up to. I love the name Piper & that you get your very own king sized bed. I have to share mine:)